TMJ Therapy – Natick, MA
Getting to the Bottom of Your Pain
The compassionate team at Papageorgiou Dental Associates can help Natick patients with their dental problems as well as other areas of concerns, such as problems with the temporomandibular joints. Commonly known as TMJ, these joints connect your lower jaw to your skull, and have blood vessels, nerves, and bones. TMJ disorders manifest in numerous ways, and often cause issues with both your dental and overall health. Keep reading to learn more about TMJ therapy in Natick, MA.
Why Choose Papageorgiou Dental Associates
for TMJ Therapy?
- Fully Personalized TMJ Appliances
- Patients of All Ages Welcome
- Appointments Available on Saturdays
TMJ Disorder Symptoms:
Symptoms of TMJ disorders include:
- Ringing or pressure in the ears
- Pain in the neck and shoulders
- Clicking and popping sounds
- Aching teeth
- Waking up with sore throat, dry mouth, or headache
- Problems chewing or with opening and closing the mouth
- Stiffness in the jaw
- Swelling in the face
- Teeth that are getting worn or cracked
There are a few different ways a TMJ disorder might be treated. One common method is to use a specially made oral appliance to correct the positioning of the jaw. Doing so helps fix any alignment problems that might be putting more pressure than normal on the jaw joints. An oral appliance can also act as a barrier between the teeth to protect against bruxism. We can go into more details about this treatment option if you schedule a consultation with us.